Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wanted (For Shauna Marie)

So I guess I'm on a bit of a capping overdrive right now, but this is the second one I've written today and so well, I'm uploading it today! Special treat for you guys I suppose. The last time I uploaded more than one cap in a day was way back in March I think! This particular cap is also a capback, this one for Shauna Marie who inspired me with a wild west theme! So without further adieu, here's Wanted. Click "read more" below if you want to know more about how I made this cap!


So in case you wanted to learn a little more about this cap, here's how I went about this one. I started off by trying to find a suitable Wild West cowgirl picture. I already had a story in mind by this time, it was partially inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean, just with a transgender twist to the curse on it I suppose. When I finally found this one, it was about as good as it was going to get, save for one thing. In the original picture, the girl is a blonde, not a redhead. A little time in Photoshop fixed that, it was a pain to manually recolor the hair though. The next matter of business was the text. Being that it was a Wild West theme, I thought it appropriate to place the text inside of a WANTED poster. I found the stock image of the wood from deviantart and then Google searched for a wanted poster. The original poster had "REWARD" written on the bottom, in the same style and size of text as the "WANTED" on the top, but to make more room for the long story that I had already written, I cut it out and used the patch and clone stamp tools to recreate the border. I then pasted the story in from where I had written it in Word, but finding it too long, I kept trimming it until I thought that it fit reasonably well within the space. The last touch was to slightly sepia tone the photograph of the girl. I also gave it a colorful center effect, which I thought was a nice touch. Then after slapping a couple of other standard things onto it, I considered the cap finally done and posted it into Shauna Marie's trading folder and then onto here! 

Now if you've made it this far, kudos to you and thanks for reading! Comments are appreciated, let me know what you think about the cap! Got suggestions for what I can do better? I'd love to hear those too (and this goes for any and all of my caps)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...