Sunday, July 14, 2013

Take a Letter (for Ron aka RMP42661)

To be honest, I can't remember which came first, the picture of the concept. Regardless, I made this cap as a capback for Ron a.k.a. RMP42661 over at Rachel's Haven. As with most of my capbacks, this one is also long overdue.

Ron's preferences were pretty open...unfortunately, they combine three of the most difficult scenarios for me to write: magical transformations, revenge, and the last thing that the character would want. I'll admit that I do write those sorts of caps from time to time, but that usually happens when sudden and usually unexpected inspirations strikes. Rather surprisingly...inspiration struck on this one. This cap is also shorter than most that I typically write (shortening my caps is something that I have been trying to work on), so I'm not too sure how this turned out. As the writer, it's easy to fill in the details yourself since you came up with the story, but it's hard to gauge whether your audience can too sometimes. At any rate, here it is! Let me know what you guys think!



Transcript: Ron grumbled as he was forced to play secretary for his rival, Bill Jennings. Ron still wasn’t sure how Bill had magically transformed him into a woman, but Bill had done it.


The feel of Bill’s heavy breath on his neck made Ron uneasy. No doubt Bill was ogling Ron’s new curves. Any other woman would’ve already filed a sexual harassment claim with HR, but there was nothing Ron could do. Technically, his new female identity didn’t even exist, let alone work at the company.

“What’ that, Veronica? Did you say something?” Bill sneered.

Ron wanted to punch Bill in the face, but mustered up a plastic smile instead. “No of course not, Bill. I’m just some mindless pretty face who isn’t good for anything other than answering calls and taking letters. No, fuck you Bill! And who the hell has their secretary take letters anymore these days? This letter’s so damn long my hand’s starting to cramp. And do you know how hard it is to write in cursive!? This is the twenty-first century damn it, learn to type!”

“I do know how to type, but it’s so much more gratifying watching you struggle. And that’ll be Mr. Jennings to you, Veronica. Now turn that frown upside down or that letter won’t be the only long and hard thing you’ll be taking in my office!”

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job on creating a shortened cap! I also struggle with making caps that are too long and filled with details. This story had good flow without any gaps. Loved the "long and hard" reference in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Elise! I'm glad you thought it flowed well!

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm. A no-nonsense approach to training a new secretary. Very old school. I like it, but only if I'm the secretary. LOL

    Hugs,

    Leeanne

    P.S. Love your blog Kendall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, old-school methods are sometimes the best! They just don't train 'em like they used to anymore :P

      Thanks Leeanne, I'm glad you're enjoying my captions! It means a lot to me for you to say that!

      Delete

Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...